Template:CCSS ELA Literacy RI9-10.8 I Can
Delineate and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing whether the reasoning is valid and the evidence is relevant and sufficient; identify false statements and fallacious reasoning.
- I can identify the side of an argument an author presents in a text. (K)
- I can determine the credibility of the author and his or her purpose. (R)
- I can identify claims that are supported by facts and those that are opinions. (K)
- I can recognize when an author introduces irrelevant evidence, false statements, and/or fallacious reasoning to his or her argument. (R)
- I can delineate and evaluate an argument using the evidence an author provides and determine if the evidence provided is relevant and sufficient to support the claim. (R)