This wiki is for the exclusive use of my friends and colleagues. Account creation and anonymous editing have been turned off.
If you are a friend or colleague of mine, and would like to participate in this project, please send me a message.
If you find these pages useful, please donate to help cover server costs. Thanks!
- git merge - git corrupt files
- How do you use git --bare init repository
- What is the difference between git init and git init --bare
- Adding a remote — advice for Github, but also works on private git repos
Git on Chrome
- Git and Node on a Chromebook, Without Crouton and Linux
- How Can I Use Git and Eclipse in my Chromebook
- How to Install Ubuntu Linux on Your Chromebook with Crouton
Git Repo Config
To initiate a bare repository:
git init --bare name-of-repo.git
To enable HTTP push:
config and add:
[http] receivepack = true
- Semantic Versioning
- Tom Preston-Werner
- Version Control with Git
- Software Carpentry Lessons
These links describe the web interface to a Git repository.
- Git - gitweb Documentation — Basically, all the things you can do with GitWeb
- Git - gitweb.conf Documentation — Specific information about the configuration file for GitWeb
To set the public owner of a repository, enter the repo in question and enter
git config gitweb.owner name
To set the category of a repository, enter the repo in question and enter
git config gitweb.category Category
Alternately, enter the repo in question and edit
[gitweb] owner = name category = Category