Template:CCSS ELA Literacy L9-10.5 I Can
Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
- I can define and identify various forms of figurative language. (K)
- I can interpret figures of speech and analyze their overall role in the text. (R)
- I can recognize word relationships and use the relationship to further understand multiple words. (S)
- I can recognize the difference between denotative meanings and connotative meanings. (K)
- I can analyze how certain words and phrases that have similar denotations can carry different nuances. (R)