Template:CCSS ELA Literacy RI11-12.1 I Can
Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain.
- I can define textual evidence. (K)
- I can define inference and explain how a reader uses textual evidence to reach a logical conclusion. (R)
- I can read closely and find answers explicitly in text and answers that require an inference. (S)
- I can analyze an author's words and determine multiple pieces of textual evidence that strongly and thoroughly support both explicit and inferential questions. (R)
- I can determine places in the text that leave matters uncertain. (R)