Template:CCSS ELA Literacy RI11-12.6 I Can
Determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text in which the rhetoric is particularly effective, analyzing how style and content contribute to the power, persuasiveness or beauty of the text.
- I can define point of view as how the author feels about the situation/topic of a text. (K)
- I can determine an author's point of view (What do I know about the author's opinions, values, and/or beliefs?) and explain his or her purpose for writing the text. (R)
- I can define rhetoric—a technique an author uses to persuade a reader to consider a topic from a different perspective. (K)
- I can identify when an author uses rhetoric and analyze how the rhetoric strengthens his or her point of view or purpose. (R)
- I can analyze how the author's style and content contribute to the power, persuasiveness, or beauty of the text. (R)