Template:CCSS ELA Literacy SL11-12.3 I Can
Evaluate a speaker’s point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric, assessing the stance, premises, links among ideas, word choice, points of emphasis, and tone used.
- I can define a point of view as how the speaker feels about the situation/topic being presented. (K)
- I can determine a speaker's point of view and explain his or her reasoning. (R)
- I can define rhetoric (a technique used to persuade a listener to consider a topic from a different perspective). (K)
- I identify when a speaker uses evidence and/or rhetoric and analyze how these techniques strengthen his or her point of view or purpose. (R)
- I can assess the stance, premises, links among ideas, word choice, points of emphasis, and tone used by the speaker. (S)