Template:CCSS ELA Literacy SL9-10.3 I Can
Evaluate a speaker’s point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric, identifying any fallacious reasoning or exaggerated or distorted evidence.
- I can define point of view as how the speaker feels about the situation/topic being presented. (K)
- I can determine a speaker's point of view and explain his or her reasoning. (R)
- I can define rhetoric. (K)
- I identify when a speaker uses evidence and/or rhetoric and analyze how these techniques strengthen his or her point of view or purpose. (R)
- I can recognize when a speaker introduces distorted evidence (unjust interpretation) and/or fallacious reasoning (incorrect reasoning) to his or her argument. (K)