Template:CCSS ELA Literacy W11-12.5 I Can
Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach, focusing on addressing what is most significant for a specific purpose and audience.
- I can use prewriting strategies to formulate ideas. (S)
- I can recognize that a well-developed piece of writing requires more than one draft. (K)
- I can apply revision strategies (e.g., reading aloud, checking for misunderstandings, adding and deleting details) with the help of others. (S)
- I can edit my writing by checking for errors in capitalization, punctuation, grammar, spelling, etc.
- I can analyze my writing to determine if my purpose and audience and have been fully addressed and revise when necessary. (R)
- I can prepare multiple drafts using revisions and edits to develop and strengthen my writing. (P)
- I can recognize when revising, editing, and rewriting are not enough, and I need to try a new approach. (R)